Mawarid Mining LLC is a subsidiary of MB LLC, registered in the Sultanate of Oman. Mawarid’s key focus is the exploration and development of mines both nationally and internationally. Mawarid holds the distinction of being the first private sector mining company to engage in the exploration and development of copper & gold in the Sultanate. In its more recent history, the company has grown internationally, with current active sites in Namibia, Rwanda and Papua New Guinea.
The long term objective of Mawarid is to become one of the largest private mining companies within the international mining industry. Mawarid has invested in in-house exploration and development and focused on sustainable growth by acquiring interests in mining companies worldwide.
- Mawarid owned and operated several open-pit copper mines in northern Oman. The ore produced from the mines was processed at the copper concentrator facility owned and operated by Mawarid in the Al Batinah region of Oman.
- Mawarid holds 28% equity stake in Nautilus Minerals Inc. (Nautilus), a company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Nautilus is the first company to explore the ocean floor for polymetallic seafloor massive sulphide deposits and will be the pioneer in underwater marine mining when operations commence at the Solwara 1 deposit in 2019.
- Mawarid acquired 85% equity interest in Namibian Marine Phosphate (PTY) Ltd, which holds the mining license for and is developing the Sandpiper Marine Phosphate, which will produce 3 mt of phosphate concentrate in 2019.
- Mawarid is developing the Icyari coultan project in Rwanda. The project when in production would produce 5% of the world’s supply. Furthermore, through its wholly owned subsidiary Tri Metals Mining, Mawarid entered into and executed 3 TIN exploration & large scale mining license agreements with the Government of Rwanda.
- The company retains a strong in-house team of professional and technically capable geologists, metallurgists and mining engineers to carry out exploration, mining, processing and project evaluation activities. Mawarid is well positioned to utilize the installed capacity and expertise to aggressively expand its project portfolio on the international stage, in addition to rapidly assimilating new projects and opportunities.
For more information, visit www.mawaridmining.com